The Annual Meeting is one of the most important events for members in the Association’s calendar. At this meeting we reviewed our key accomplishments from the past year, reflected on current challenges and opportunities, and took a moment to look forward to the year ahead. You can hear remarks from HRPA’s Chair, Patty Johns and our new CEO and Acting Registrar, Jodi Kovitz. It was an opportunity for members to have their voice heard through discussion and voting on important proposals and decisions.
This year’s Annual Meeting was available to members in a hybrid format, with members in-person and participants online through an interactive webcast.
Watch a recording of the HRPA 2023 Annual Meeting.
To view closed captioning, please ensure that the “CC” button at the bottom right-hand corner of the media player is toggled “on” and blue.
Motions carried at the Annual Meeting held May 17, 2023:
- That the minutes of the last Annual Meeting, held on May 26, 2022, be approved as circulated.
- To adopt the revisions to the Association’s By-Laws and Schedules as circulated and presented.
- The Auditor’s Report and Audited Financial Statements for the fiscal year ending November 30, 2022, be accepted as presented.
- That the accounting firm of BDO Canada LLP be appointed Auditors for HRPA for the fiscal year 2023 and that the Board of Directors be empowered to fix the remuneration of the Auditors.
Annual Meeting Materials:
We have compiled key materials and documents for the 2023 Annual Meeting via the links below. In keeping with our commitment to environmental sustainability, we encourage you to download these Annual Meeting documents for on-screen review.
- 2023 Annual Meeting Agenda
- 2023 Annual Meeting Rules of Procedure
- Board of Directors Terms of Office 2023
- 2023 Annual Meeting Table of Concordance
- 2023 Proxy Form
- 2022 Annual Meeting Minutes
- HRPA By-laws
- Schedule 1: HRPA Code of Ethics and Rules of Professional Conduct
- Schedule 1a: HRPA Practice Standard – Conducting Workplace Investigations
- Schedule 3: Chapter Governance and Operating Terms
- 2022 Annual Report
** Note: use IE browser for best results, other browsers may require downloading and viewing within the latest Adobe Reader software version.
Meeting Purpose and Details:
- Reading the minutes of the previous Annual Meeting and any subsequent general or special meetings;
- Confirm, refer or reject any By-Law passed by the Board;
- Receive the audited financial statements;
- Appoint the auditor for the coming year;
- Receive reports from the Chief Executive Officer and the Chair of the Board on the activities of the Board and Association in the previous year;
- Receive a report on the election of Directors; and
- Address any other matter as the Board determines may be properly brought before the meeting.