December – the end of another year, a time for reflection, a month to wrap up and look back at where we’ve been and where we’re going.
Despite the uncertainties and quirks that 2021 presented us all, we’re proud of what our staff and members were able to accomplish this year.
- Starting in 2020, but continuing in January of this year, the HRPA moved all our learning programs, examinations and even the Annual Conference & Trade Show online.
- We reimagined our traditional, annual conference and introduced multiple “Seasonal Conferences” in 2021. These smaller, more agile events equipped our members with the skills and capacities necessary for responding to emerging HR management issues in a more timely fashion.
- Our Chapters hosted impactful webinars and events covering a variety of topics including mental health in the workplace, equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility, and organizational culture evolvement.
- We addressed some of the biggest concerns for HR professionals and workplaces in our HR Insights blogs, webinars and CEO Corner Series videos such as vaccination policies, high employee turnover rates, and professional regulation.
- We held career-launching opportunities for HR students such as our Virtual Student Career Fair.
- Hire Authority featured over 1,500 new job opportunities from more than 1,000 employers this year.
This reimaging that was done in 2021 is an ongoing process and, while we expect to continually evolve in 2022 and beyond, one thing remains consistent: our unparalleled HR learning events, programming, and resources.
What Coming in 2022:
- Board Elections (January) – In the beginning of the year, you’ll have the opportunity to vote for the 2022 candidates nominated. Voting is an important expression of your participation in the governance of regulated Human Resources in Ontario. Keep an eye out for an email on January 31, when elections begin.
- Deconstruction: Crafting Inclusive and Equitable Workplaces Micro-Conference (February) – This micro-conference will provide HR professionals with tools and resources to help create inclusive, equitable and safe workplaces for and with talent from First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities, and for all people in the workforce.
Check out our list of 2022 conferences. You can supplement these learnings with our ongoing Chapter virtual webinars and e-learning and on-demand. Here are a few you should look out for:
- Compensation 101 and 102
- Mental Health First Aid Certificate Program
- Workplace Investigations and Training Certificate Program
- Ongoing return to the workplace webinars (part 4 upcoming)
- A Complete Guide to Employment Law
- HR Business Partner Certificate
- The Accredited Executive Compensation Program
- Project Management Fundamentals for HR Professionals
- Quarterly Legal Updates
- Exam Prep Webinars (February and March) – We’re offering exam prep webinars after the holidays to help you confidently take your CHRP or CHRL Knowledge Exams.
- Preparing to Write the CHRP-KE and CHRL-KE: Tips from Top Scorers Webinar Learn from two to three members who’ve successfully written and passed the Knowledge Exams.
- Preparing to Write the CHRP-KE and CHRL-KE: Advice from the Registrar Webinar You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the exam process and different exam preparation tactics.
- Challenge Exams. This opportunity allows you to complete specific course requirements and achieve credits without taking or retaking a course at a college or university.
- Student Success Forum & Student Case Competition (March) – We’re bringing together the best of both worlds to create one jam-packed event for HRPA student members. You’ll get to learn from renowned thought-leaders and have plenty of opportunities to network, before putting all your HR classroom knowledge to the test for a coveted prize! Stay tuned for the details.
This is just a snapshot of what’s happening during the first quarter of 2022.
If you’re not a member subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on social media to stay on top of the latest professional development, events and other programming available throughout the new year.
The HRPA will be closed from 1 pm ET on December 24, 2021, and we will resume regular business hours on January 4, 2022.
Thank you again to all our HRPA members for acting as champions for positive change and for continuing to lead your organizations through these unpredictable times.
We wish you and your loved ones a safe and happy holiday season.
June 01, 2023
Pride Month: Is your workplace LGBTQ2S+ inclusive?Read more
May 25, 2023
Igniting Inspiration and Empowerment at the HR SummitRead more
May 10, 2023
Why Business Analysis Skills are Crucial for HR Professionals: A Comprehensive GuideRead more
May 02, 2023
HRPA Earns Fifth Consecutive Great Place to Work® CertificationRead more
April 26, 2023