On March 23rd, the HRPA hosted its first virtual Total Rewards Micro-Conference.
Prominent leaders covered topics including the current state of compensation packages and the importance of pay equity for Ontario’s economic recovery.
“It’s no surprise that the pandemic and other emerging developments have changed how organizations are looking at their Total Rewards offering,” said Kris Tierney, CHRP, CHRL Vice-President Human Resources and Learning. “We know that when we provide HR professionals with the important information they need, they are better equipped to serve and support their organizations, and effective and modern Total Rewards strategies are a critical element to unlocking human potential. We’re so thrilled that we were able to invite these leading experts to speak on this topic during the virtual micro-conference.”
Featured Keynote Presentation:
The event was headlined by Kadie Ward, Commissioner, and Chief Administrative Officer, Ontario Pay Equity Commission who shared insights on the significance of women’s participation in the workforce for Ontario’s economic recovery. Ward cited several reports that show organizations that embrace inclusivity are far more resilient, innovative, and profitable than those that don’t.
Jared Saltz, Senior Review Officer, Pay Equity Office then went on to explain how the Pay Equity Office responds after receiving an allegation from an individual or group reporting an Employer who has violated the Pay Equity Act.
- Brad Kelly, Partner, Global Governance Advisors explored the role that the left and right brain play in creating well-balanced compensation strategies.
- Tax Lawyer, Milan Legris, discussed stock options and several compensation strategies HR professionals should consider for their businesses, such as PHSP, EPSP, Life Insurance and RCA.
- Deandra Schubert, Partner, McCarthy Tetrault LLP, and Paul Gryglewicz, Senior Partner, Global Governance Advisors, teamed up to dissect the fundamentals of equity-based compensation and how it can be used by private companies.
- The conference was moderated by Peter Landers, Partner, Global Governance Advisors.
- In the evening, attendees had the opportunity to reconvene on the virtual platform, for a casual networking session facilitated by the Global Governance Advisors presenters.
The HRPA would like to thank our partners, speakers and volunteers for helping to create a truly rewarding event for attendees.
To learn about upcoming HRPA events, visit the HRPA’s calendar of events.
September 15, 2021
Back-to-School: The HRPA Fall Student Events You Need to Know AboutRead more
September 13, 2021
We're updating our Rules of Professional Conduct and Code of Ethics and we need your input!Read more
September 09, 2021
CEO Corner: 20 Effective Habits for Mastery at Work - An Interview with Dr. Cindy WahlerRead more
September 08, 2021
Workplace Spotlight: EACOM Timber CorporationRead more
September 02, 2021