Just 16 months ago everything shut down. Offices suddenly closed and entire teams started working from home.
Now, as COVID-19 restrictions begin to ease up, businesses are preparing to reopen and many HR leaders are being tasked with creating safe and compliant return to in-person work plans.
But developing a return-to-workplace plan can’t be done in haste. Successfully transitioning back to the physical workplace takes serious thought and intention – and consideration for health, legal and ethical standards and requirements.
To help you safely re-open, in a way that both protects employees and makes sense for your business, HRPA is happy to present the following valuable resources that HR leaders can take advantage of:
1. Return to Workplace Survey Results
Conducted from May 19-27, 2021, the goal of the survey was to learn more about how HR professionals are planning to return to the workplace. Over 800 participants anonymously shared their insights with us.
Click here to review the key highlights from the report and learn more about how your peers are preparing.
Sample Highlights from the Survey include the following:
- 63.7% of respondents have formed a planning group or similar plan for the return to the workplace.
- Only 5.6% of respondents stated that they are planning to bring all their employees back to the workplace at once, with most organizations looking at a staggered approach (24.5%), bringing employees back in phases (28.8%), or a hybrid model.
- 60% of respondents are actively seeking or will seek input from employees about their feelings on returning to the workplace.
HRPA Members and Students can also log in and view the full survey results here.
2. Professional Guidance
Navigating the litany of legal requirements for employers can be tricky so we’ve prepared the Issue Brief: Return to In-Person Work During the Pandemic
The document includes the latest information on Ontario employer’s legal duties and covers the most pressing topics you need to know before developing your return-to-work plan:
- Vaccination workplace policies
- Workplace accommodations and work refusals
- Medical tests, rapid tests and temperature taking
- Dealing with workplace outbreaks
- Resources to help ensure a safe workplace
Click here to access the Issue Brief: Return to In-Person Work During the Pandemic.
3. The HRPA 2021 Summer Conference
COVID-19 has had far-reaching impacts on the way we work, leaving many businesses unsure of the next steps they need to take to ensure worker safety while maintaining productivity and a positive employee experience.
That’s why we’ve designed the HRPA Summer Conference, July 27-29, 2021.
Themed “Emerging Stronger: Burnout, Re-opening Workplaces and the Evolution of Culture”, this timely event aims to prepare HR leaders for the future of work.
With an impressive roster of leading experts, including notable journalist and award-winning author Jennifer Moss, you’ll get answers to the big questions plaguing businesses right now – like how to responsibly return to the workplace – in addition to the best practices HR leaders must consider in the next phase of business.
Register before June 22 to take advantage of Early-bird discounts. Register now.
Attend a free live webinar on Re-Opening Workplaces to learn more about this event and the latest HRPA research on returning to work safely.
May 16, 2022
It’s Official! HRPA is a Great Place to Work® for the Fourth Year in a RowRead more
May 12, 2022
8 Member Benefits to Take Advantage of TodayRead more
May 12, 2022
International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and BiphobiaRead more
May 05, 2022
May Marks Asian Heritage MonthRead more
April 27, 2022