Peel: 05.17.18 PD Half Day: Why should Project Management matter to HR Professionals?
Unfortunately, people often have the misconception that project management is primarily applicable to information technology or engineering professionals. The reality is that organizations are becoming much more project-oriented and the practice of project management is becoming an important competency across a number of disciplines, including Human Resources (HR).
According to the Project Management Institute (PMI), employers across the globe will need about 88 million people capable of working in project management-oriented jobs by 2027 (Project Management Job Growth and Talent Gap Report 2017-2027). Much of this demand will originate from developing countries such as China and India. Compounding this problem will be the shortage of qualified individuals capable of implementing new initiatives and driving change as the world's talent pool continues to reach retirement age.
Attendees will learn about the:
- Basics of building and executing a project plan
- Reasons behind Project Failure
- Growth of Project Management as a Career
- Project Management Institute's (PMI) new Talent Triangle®
- Value HR can add to Project Management through their knowledge/experience of:
Types of HR-related projects one could encounter during their career
- Ethical Leadership
- Organizational Culture / Structure
- Change Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Communication Management
- Importance of aligning the people side of projects (HR) with the strategic goals of the firm
REGISTRATION & CANCELLATION DEADLINE: Thurs. May 10th
Cancellation Policy: You must cancel by the registration deadline to qualify for a refund.
Questions: Call or email Tracey Gallacher, HRPA Peel Chapter, Events Coordinator 905-586-0542 email@example.com