What does legal cannabis mean for your workplace? How do you balance the responsibility to keep your workplace safe and productive with your employees' right to privacy? How does medical cannabis factor into the equation? These challenges and more will be thoroughly discussed during this workplace training – as well as provide a path forward to ease the transition for HR professionals provided by a series of legal and HR experts.
The program will be a day-long program to education, train and prepare HR professionals for the imminent legalization of adult-use recreational cannabis in Ontario and throughout Canada. Legal cannabis adds to the workplace challenges already posed by the increasing use of medical cannabis. This training will help HR professionals understand the legal and regulatory landscape for cannabis and workplaces, enabling them to prepare and implement policies that will adhere to federal and provincial standards.
- To understand what legalized cannabis means for Canadians;
- To understand the responsibilities of HR professionals related to legalize cannabis;
- To appreciate and plan for the duties to accommodate for medical cannabis patients;
- To plan for safety sensitive jobs at work in the age of recreational cannabis;
- To learn from other jurisdictions what the impact on workplaces has been when cannabis is legal recreationally;
- To plan for policies to have in place prior to legalization.
Who should attend?
The primary target audience is HR and health & safety professionals who feel uneasy or unprepared for legalized cannabis and what it means for their workplace.
The secondary target audience is business owners or other executives tasked with preparing their workplace for legalization.