Peel: 04.26.18 PD Half Day - Budgeting 101: The Myths, Realities & How to Cross the Finish Line with Finance Together
The word "Budget" tends to bring shivers up the back of most Finance Professionals. Just the idea of a "Budget Calendar" along with surprise meetings, aggressive timelines and constant negotiation can make those in the business seek the guidance of an HR professional for wisdom and support. This session is designed to show HR professionals the ins and outs of financial budgeting with a specific focus on their role within the process. Headcount, training & development requests and benefit reviews are all deliverables that can bring challenge, unease and frustration. A comprehensive case example will be used to demonstrate all concepts presented.
- Identify the typical financial budgeting process, outcomes and goals for management
- Learn how to prepare a budget including an HR budget and how to monitor performance
- Identify common problems when implementing a budget and how to get out of them
- Learn how to compare actual results to a budget and what to do next.
- Learn how to monitor budget progress and when to adjust
- Review how to manage risk through sensitivity analysis
REGISTRATION & CANCELLATION DEADLINE: Thurs. Apr. 19th
Cancellation Policy: You must cancel by the registration deadline to qualify for a refund.
Questions: Call or email Tracey Gallacher, HRPA Peel Chapter, Events Coordinator 905-586-0542 email@example.com
About the Speaker:
Originally from Saint John New Brunswick, Jeffrey O'Leary has worked for eleven years at Maple Leaf Foods in various corporate Finance and Sales and Marketing positions. Jeff holds undergraduate degrees in Accounting & Economics, and an MBA. He is also a CMA and CPA in Ontario. Jeff has taught in post-secondary education for over ten years and currently teaches in the BBA and MBA programs at Brock University. Jeff and his wife Kate have recently welcomed their first daughter, Audrey, to the family.