Entering into a Mentorship with a senior HR professional provides invaluable insight beyond your own education and experience. Give yourself the edge with the support and guidance of a mentor. Whether you need advice or a sounding board, a mentor can inspire and guide you.
HRPA membership gives you access to potential HR mentors from across the province and in every industry, sector and human resources discipline.
Whether you’re a new HR professional looking for career advice or a mid-career professional looking for guidance on moving up the ladder or into another area of HR practice, finding a mentor and becoming a mentee has many benefits:
- Access to a support system during critical stages of your career development
- An insider's perspective on navigating your career
- Clearer understanding and enhancement of career plans
- Exposure to diverse perspectives and experiences
- Direct access to powerful resources within your profession
- Identification of skill gaps
- Greater knowledge of career success factors
- The foundation of a lasting professional network
Find a Mentor
HRPA membership provides two types of mentorships: face-to-face and online. Almost every HRPA chapter now has a formal, face-to-face mentoring program that matches mentors and mentees. HRPA works with MentorCity.
Ask your local chapter about these mentorship opportunities.