In the midst of a pandemic, the HRPA wanted to look at the decisions being made at the most senior tables of Canadian businesses.
How do HR leaders prepare themselves and their organizations when so much still remains uncertain? What strategies do we need to adopt to appropriately respond to the needs of our employees?
These are just some of the questions I will explore in the new HRPA video series, CEO Corner.
To kick-start the series, I chatted with Sunwing’s leaders, Kelly Davis, Chief People Officer, and Andrew Dawson, Chief Operating Officer.
We discussed how they are navigating a pandemic and evolving their operations to remain at the forefront of some of the most pressing issues impacting employees today.
Here are some key highlights from the discussion:
- Early Pandemic Response (1:43)
- How Sunwing used their corporate values in its decision-making processes during the pandemic (5:20)
- Impact of Progressive People Practices (7:22)
- Supporting laid-off employees (9:46)
- Why Sunwing is appreciative of HR leaders (10:34)
- Diversity and inclusion across the globe (12:33)
- Mental health (17:30)
- Gender parity at Sunwing (19:11)
- Business recovery (20:41)
- What HR professionals need to think about this year (26:11)
- Key lessons learned during turbulent times (28:35)