Chaired by :
The Future Is Here – Your GPS for HR Success
Join HRPA and REALPAC for a day of thought-leadership on the most pressing and challenging HR issues professionals face. Gain a valuable roadmap from industry experts about topics as diverse as innovation, performance management, top HR trends and recent research, legal trends, managing mental health, and managing the multi-generational workforce.
This one-day summit is an invaluable opportunity to connect with peers and leaders in the industry while learning leading-edge strategies and best practices for managing workforce challenges.
Register for the HR Summit and you could win a trip for two
to amazing destinations including
San Francisco, New York, San Diego, Orlando or Las Vegas!
"Recalculating" The Generations at Work and In the Labour Market
Millennials are now the largest generation at work and in North American society. Effectively managing all five generations at work is crucial for the viability of organizations. Understanding and leveraging generational similarities and differences can help leaders create effective HR strategies.
- What are the generational attitudes towards their career and the organization.
Tips for engaging and retaining talent in each generation.
Exploring the Millennial influence on four HR engagement strategies.
Speaker: Lisa McFarland, Williams HR Consulting
"Dashboard" The Future of Work - HR Trends for the Next Five Years
What is meta data? Is big data getting bigger and how does it impact workforce analytics? Is work becoming "applified"? Does mass customization mean I have to tailor all HR services to individual employees? There is a convergence of new waves of technology, HR practices and business methods potentially leading to some course correction for HR.
- Learn what the most significant trends impacting workplaces are now and in the near future.
- Understand how the convergence of employees and technology is affecting workplace change.
- Provide a platform to build HR strategy and workforce planning on.
Moderator: Mark Ross, Ferguson Partners Canada; Dominic Cottone, Ferguson Partners Leadership Consulting
Panel: Donna Pascal, Dynacare; Marc Abergel, Deloitte Digital; Heather Shenton, Accenture Canada
"GPS" Legal Trends and Update
The HR law landscape is constantly shifting and year over year it becomes increasingly challenging for organizations to keep pace with compliance obligations and best practices to minimize risks and exposures to liabilities. This session will discuss recent key developments in HR law along with trends that HR practitioners and business leaders should be aware of to ensure compliance, stay ahead of the curve and implement practical and strategic workplace practices and policies.
- Get updated on recently amended or passed employment law and the effects on the workplace.
- Learn best practices and strategies for minimizing risk and for responding to recent developments in workplace law.
Speaker: Laura Williams, Willaims HR Law
"Parking" The Future of Work Spaces and Places
The rise of work team collaboration is changing the design of work spaces. Are open concept offices declining or increasing? Should we put white board paint on the walls in our meeting rooms and hallways? Our panel of experts will discuss how workplace and labour market trends are affecting work space design and workplace location.
- Discover the trends in the design of work spaces.
- Understand how the work performed impacts the design of work spaces.
- Get updated on office location trends in Canada.
Moderator: Sebastien Greenall, Cadillac Fairview
Panel: Lisa Fulford Roy, CBRE; Maggie Dempster, Herman Miller; Crystal Dippre, Stantec
"Fueling" – Wellness at Work
Chocolate for breakfast? The popularity of reality TV shows has resulted in a massive shift in the food and restaurant industry. Food is often part of an effective workplace wellness strategy particularly for employers with an onsite cafeteria or with event menu planning. As one of Canada's most notable executive chefs and restauranteurs, Chef Lee will discuss his belief that healthy food = healthy staff = healthy business.
- Get updated information about nutrition and food from one of Canada's most notable chefs.
- Discover ways to improve dining options for onsite cafeterias or catered events.
- Incorporate food information into company wellness initiatives.
Moderator: Susan Lill, Williams HR Consulting
Speaker: Chef Susur Lee
"Airbags" You Can’t Be Serious! Why Science Wants Us To Lighten Up
An entertaining and lighthearted presentation that examines the significant role our mindset plays in determining our professional success. After providing a comical overview of why happiness produces success (and not the other way around), Susan shares 3 ways to put the powers of a relaxed mindset to work. Audience participation and interaction included!
- How to take advantage of the fact that physical posture and facial expressions dictate emotional change.
- A positive start to an interaction often produces a positive results.
- Smiling while making direct eye contact instantly creates a sense of connection and a positive customer experience.
Speaker: Susan Stewart
"Rearview Mirror" Performance Reviews – A Thing of the Past?
A recent study indicates that only 30 percent of survey respondents thought their performance management process actually improved employee performance. Many HR and business leaders view traditional performance management processes as a high effort/low return/check-box activity. Should performance evaluations be replaced or eliminated all together? Our HR experts will debate the pros and cons of various approaches.
- Find out why companies are discarding the traditional annual performance review.
- Learn what kinds of feedback systems have replaced traditional performance reviews.
- Learn what impacts making changes to the performance review process have had on several organizations.
Moderator: Susan Lill, Williams HR Consulting
Panel: Faith Tull, Randstad; Carmen Klein, Cadillac Fairview; Heather Shenton, Accenture Canada
"Sunroof" A View from The Top - What the Future of Business Drives For Human Resources Practitioners
What do senior executives want from their HR leaders and HR functions? How can HR practitioners demonstrate true business value? How should HR success be measured? How does HR get buy-in for initiatives from top business leaders? Join our panel of senior business executives for a fireside chat about their aspirations for HR.
- From the perspective of senior leaders, what does being a strategic HR partner mean?
- Find out what other leaders really want from their HR function.
- Hear about what stands in the HR leaders way for delivering the best results.
Moderator: Laura Williams, Williams HR Law
Panel: John Morrison, Choice Properties REIT; Faith Tull, Ranstad