Durham: 06.13.18 WEBINAR Bill 148 Amendments to the Labour Relations Act, 1995
On November 27, 2017, the Ontario Government enacted An Act to amend the Employment Standards Act, 2000 and the Labour Relations Act, 1995 and to make related amendments to other Acts, referred to as the “Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017” (“Bill 148”).
Bill 148 introduced significant amendments to the Labour Relations Act, 1995 which came into force on January 1, 2018.
Key amendments include:
- Card-based certification in specific industries
- Union access to employee lists for organizing efforts
- Consolidation of bargaining units
- First collective agreement mediation/arbitration
- Enhanced just cause protection post-certification and during strike/lockout
- Expanded successor rights
- Heightened interim relief powers at the Ontario Labour Relations Board
Join us and learn about these significant amendments and how to prepare for increased regulation of your workplace.