Many talented employees find themselves supervising others, yet few receive sufficient training in the skills needed to succeed in the role.
In this one-day workshop, participants explore the role of manager and acquire practical tools and resources to transform from an individual contributor to a highly regarded leader.
Participants learn how to set organizationally aligned goals and how to mobilize performance; participants also acquire the essentials of effective delegation and a model for delivering objective feedback.
As part of this workshop, participants create their own personal Manager Roadmap and action plan based on real life examples, discussion, and active practice.
- Clarify the most important aspects of leading a team
- Write organizationally aligned performance goals
- Discover what really motivates employees
- Explain the role and key elements of effective recognition
- Learn what and how much to delegate
- Enhance your ability to deliver objective feedback
Who should attend?
- Human Resources Professionals supporting management development
- Newly appointed managers and supervisors who have direct reports
- Managers and supervisors who have limited experience leading others
- Experienced managers and supervisors who want a refresher on management skills
- Individuals aspiring to a management or supervisory role within the next 12-18 months
- Everyone tasked with performance management and development
We are listening to you, our Members.
You have provided feedback that you would prefer to receive soft copies of presentations instead of printed materials, in order to be mindful of the environment and to reduce our carbon footprint.
Therefore, in 2019,
HRPA Professional Development will, whenever possible, provide a soft copy of the participant course material. We will not produce printed materials unless there is reason to do so
(e.g. program format).
If you absolutely need a hard copy, we request that you print and bring it with you. Hard copies will not be available on site.
Thank you for your understanding.