An individual must maintain membership in good standing with HRPA from the point they start their CHRP or CHRL certification process through the completion of the process. The start of the certification process is defined as the earlier of the following events:
- Submission of one or more transcripts towards meeting the CHRP or CHRL coursework requirement
- Submission of a degree transcript towards meeting the CHRL degree requirement
- Registration for the CHRP or CHRL Comprehensive Knowledge Exam (CKE)
- Application for the Validation of Experience, or
- Application for other certification related processes such as the Alternate Route or Credit for Non-Approved Courses
Once the CHRP, CHRL or CHRE has been earned, membership in good standing with HRPA as well as meeting the continuing professional development (CPD) requirement is required in order to maintain the designations. Unlike other credentials such as degrees, professional designations require that the regulatory body have on-going jurisdiction over its members.
Individuals with questions regarding the membership requirement and certification are encouraged to contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join HRPA Today