HR Domains (Career GPS): Performance & Rewards; Employee Relations; Organization Design and Development; Leadership Development and Organizational Culture; HR Leadership
Wondering why your performance management systems are not getting the traction you want? Too often, these systems focus too narrowly to accelerate enterprise-wide success, or place accountability for performance management on the wrong organizational function.
Step back and learn how “end-to-end” performance management (PM) is the only way to ensure that PM connects directly to organizational success. PM – individually setting expectations and monitoring progress – can only be impactful when connected to the goals of the organization as a whole. Learn the vital role that HR occupies in the PM process, but also learn that accountability for PM lies somewhere else. Gain the perspective on performance management that will get the traction you’re looking for.
Instruction centres on the use of the Performance Management Process™, a practical planning tool. Participants will immediately be able to apply their new knowledge in the development of an organizational performance management plan.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Understand how individual performance management must be connected to organizational strategy, vision and values
- Understand which organizational roles are accountable for performance management (and which are not)
- Know the specific steps for effective performance management
- Know how to use the Performance Management Process model
- HR managers and business partners who need to improve the impact of performance management systems in their organizations
- The workshop is particularly beneficial to primary HR managers in small- to medium-sized organizations.
- Content is directed at HR policy developers and decision makers
- Pre-session work, classroom instruction, homework, follow-up webinar
- Maximum class size of 12
- Pre-session work
- Prior to the workshop, attendees are asked to complete a worksheet on their organization’s current PM standards
- Instructor led and highly interactive
- Instruction, triads, class discussion, pairs discussion, exercises
- Action-learning will be used to explore, plan and practice skills learned
- Using themselves as a case study, participants, in discussion with the facilitator and their peers in the workshop, will build a performance management plan
- At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be assigned homework to be completed and submitted within 2 weeks
- Follow-up Webinar
- Two weeks following the workshop, an hour-long webinar will be held for follow-up and Q&A
- Includes the program deck in notes pages, exercises, worksheets
- The Performance Management Process™, outlined and illustrated as a step-by-step aide memoire, is provided in a laminated card format
HRPA Forrest Workshops
Tony Welsh, VP Consulting and Design, Forrest & Company Limited
Tony Welsh, Vice-President, Consulting & Design, brings over 25 years of a wide variety of training, design and organizational development experience to Forrest & Company Limited. As Forrest specializes in customized solutions, Tony is invaluable to our organization with his genius of precisely matching the requirements of a client to the specifics of a program.
Tony led the design of Forrest’s Leadership Suite™ and Effective Thinking Suite™ program offerings. He recently completed ViewFinder2™, an improved and expanded version of Forrest’s multi-rater tool that assesses strengths and opportunities for development. Tony is an expert process facilitator and has delivered many of the Forrest programs. He is certified in Effective Intelligence™.
Tony recently retired from the Canadian Army Reserve at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Among other accomplishments during his years of service, he commanded Canada’s oldest airborne infantry regiment, the Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada.
Forrest & Company Limited is an organizational transformation firm. Since 1987, Forrest’s team of skilled consultants, facilitators, coaches, and designers have helped build the capabilities and effectiveness of more than 30,000 leaders and their organizations worldwide.