HR Certificate for Small Businesses helps small businesses soar. Make your enterprise efficient as well as productive with proven HR tips, processes and resources.
- Build your brand as an Employer of Choice in the talent marketplace
- Understand the value of professional and legally compliant HR best practices
- Learn how to make quality hires, manage performance, increase productivity and create a team-oriented culture.
- Master the most important factor crucial to success: managing and leading people
Participants are required to complete 5 of the 8 sessions at a minimum to obtain the Certificate.
Career GPS domains: Function Management, Performance and Rewards, Learning and Talent Development
WHY you should be Here:
- Learn HR best practices focused on helping small businesses be more efficient and effective
- Understand the value that sound HR practices and approaches can bring to the business
- Understand relevant employment legislation and ways to reduce non-compliance risk
- Gain proven tips, techniques and strategies for hiring, compensating, developing and managing people
WHAT you will Gain:
- Latest and most practical ways to deal with all aspects of HR within the organization.
- Insights into common people challenges and how to resolve them effectively
- Importance of performance reviews and the role their role in reward and recognition
- Identification of warning signals of performance challenges and how to deal with them
- Understanding the role of employee handbooks and maximizing this important tool. In order to attract and retain quality employees
8 x 2 hour segments (16 hours of instruction)
- The role of HR and why it is critical to small business
- Sourcing and selecting the right people
- Onboarding and integrating new hires
- Compensating, rewarding and recognizing staff
- Conducting motivating performance reviews
- Dealing with performance / work behaviour challenges
- Employment legislation - what small business needs to know
- Ending the employment relationship
Who should attend:
- Business owners, managers, supervisors, entrepreneurs, senior leaders of small organizations in not for profit or small subsidiaries of foreign-owned corporations
- Payroll or finance professionals responsible for the hr role or function
- Office managers or HR administrators
- Administrative Assistants accountable for HR related responsibilities
Fiorella Callocchia, well-known HR & Leadership Expert
- Fiorella Callocchia is well-known HR & Leadership Expert who brings over 30 years of experience consulting to fast growth organizations in all sectors.
- Her background includes senior HR Leadership roles prior to founding a highly reputable consulting firm specializing in helping companies hire, develop and retain their best people.
- Over the past two decades, she has helped hundreds of companies enhance their HR practices and develop their Employer of Choice brand.
- Fiorella is the author of Canada’s first HR Audit Toolkit, a business best -seller published by Carswell Thomson Reuters. Her insightful approaches have also been featured in national publications including The Globe and Mail, HR Professional, Canadian HR Reporter, Toronto Star, MoneySense, and the Financial Post.
- She is frequently interviewed by the media for her perspectives on HR / workplace issues and is a regular guest on television / radio talk shows.
- Passionate about the value of HR and committed to continuous learning, Fiorella is a Certified HR Professional & Certified Management Consultant. She was awarded the prestigious Ross Hennigar Award for her professional, academic and community accomplishments.
- In addition, she is an accredited Facilitator on numerous leadership & team assessment tools including Emotional Intelligence, Hogan, MBTI and Team Management Systems. Her unique coaching style has helped hundreds of individuals accelerate their overall performance and careers.
- She has designed workshops in the areas of Leadership & HR Management for the Human Resources Professional Association, Canadian Payroll Association, DeGroote School of Business, Canadian Management Center, Richard Ivey, University of Guelph, in addition to the local chambers of commerce and many professional associations.
- Fiorella is a strong supporter of community initiatives and is the Past President of the Halton Region HR Association. She has devoted her expertise to Peel Regional Police Services, Step Ahead, Habitat for Humanity and recently served on the Board of Directors of the Carpenter Hospice.
National Payroll Week is the CPA’s largest annual public relations initiative. The events are designed to recognize the accomplishments of payroll professionals and the payroll community, and communicate them to the general public, as well as to help payroll professionals build their own communication skills. You contributed to this goal through your insightful presentation. You were able to succeed in doing this in a professional, yet highly entertaining and personable manner. Thank you for your contribution to the CPA and your support of the payroll profession. I look forward to working with you again in the future.
Steven Van Alstine, CPM, CAE
On behalf of the CAO/CFO organization, Diversity Leadership Council & Advancing Women In Leadership Committee. our sincerest thanks for your personal time and effort in preparing and participating in our celebration of lntemational Women's Day. The event was a huge success for our organization and was supported by our senior leaders in the organization. We appreciated you sharing insights and thought leadership on developing a rewarding career with approximately 200 mid-senior women in our CAOICFO organization. Your high energy personal and sometimes humorous observations on taking charge and developing careers were valued by all who attended. Thanks for your support in contributing to a successful diversity event at RBC.
Chief Administrative Officer & Chief Financial Officer