HR Essentials for Small Business
HR Certificate for Small Businesses helps small businesses soar. Make your enterprise efficient as well as productive with proven HR tips, processes and resources.
- Build your brand as an Employer of Choice in the talent marketplace
- Understand the value of professional and legally compliant HR best practices
- Learn how to make quality hires, manage performance, increase productivity and create a team-oriented culture.
- Master the most important factor crucial to success: managing and leading people
Participants are required to complete 5 of the 8 sessions at a minimum to obtain the Certificate.
Career GPS domains: Function Management, Performance and Rewards, Learning and Talent Development
WHY you should be Here:
- Learn HR best practices focused on helping small businesses be more efficient and effective
- Understand the value that sound HR practices and approaches can bring to the business
- Understand relevant employment legislation and ways to reduce non-compliance risk
- Gain proven tips, techniques and strategies for hiring, compensating, developing and managing people
WHAT you will Gain:
- Latest and most practical ways to deal with all aspects of HR within the organization.
- Insights into common people challenges and how to resolve them effectively
- Importance of performance reviews and the role their role in reward and recognition
- Identification of warning signals of performance challenges and how to deal with them
- Understanding the role of employee handbooks and maximizing this important tool. In order to attract and retain quality employees
8 x 2 hour segments (16 hours of instruction)
- The role of HR and why it is critical to small business
- Sourcing and selecting the right people
- Onboarding and integrating new hires
- Compensating, rewarding and recognizing staff
- Conducting motivating performance reviews
- Dealing with performance / work behaviour challenges
- Employment legislation - what small business needs to know
- Ending the employment relationship
Who should attend:
- Business owners, managers, supervisors, entrepreneurs, senior leaders of small organizations in not for profit or small subsidiaries of foreign-owned corporations
- Payroll or finance professionals responsible for the hr role or function
- Office managers or HR administrators
- Administrative Assistants accountable for HR related responsibilities
Kristi Searle, CHRP, CPC
Proprietor & Human Resources Consultant
Kristi is a Certified Human Resources Professional and Certified Personnel Consultant. She has worked both as an internal and external human resources and management professional for over 20 years. During this time she has developed competitive business strategies and opportunities for many types and sizes of organizations. By utilizing these strategies she has dramatically
reduced the time and financial improvement required to addressing people related issues and opportunities.
Kristi has been an active volunteer for several years in the human resources and business communities serving on various boards and committees.
Peoplebiz has reduced our cost per hire by $1,000 as well as our time to hire by bringing the process in-house.
- Manager, Worldwide Technology Co.
Peoplebiz came in to streamline our recruiting practises. Not only did they create a better plan but tightened our outsourcing of current suppliers creating a cost savings of $50,000/year.
- VP, Global Public Corporation
We are a small, growing company...hiring Peoplebiz gave us access to 24/7 expert advice at cost savings.
– Principal, Regional Engineering Firm
I have worked with Kristi and Peoplebiz Consulting on several human resources projects over the past eight years. Kristi has a deep knowledge of all HR issues and takes a business-focused, practical approach to tackling any project. She assimilates effortlessly into any work environment and forges strong relationships with both internal and external customers which, in my experience with Kristi, has resulted in successful resolution to some very complex HR challenges. It is my pleasure to recommend Kristi to any company that is looking for expertise in all areas of human resources.
- Worldwide Recruitment Manager, Fortune 500 Company