HR Domains (Career GPS): Employee Relations; Occupational Health and Safety; Performance and Rewards
This webinar will discuss strategies for managing picketing activity during a labour interruption, including:
- Identifying when picketing activity becomes unlawful
- The legal requirements for an injunction
- Best practices for gathering and maintaining evidence for use in injunction proceedings
- The availability and scope of injunction orders during a labour interruption
Presenters: Lisa Bolton and Jeff Landmann, Sherrard Kuzz LLP
Lisa Bolton represents management in many areas of employment and labour law. Her areas of expertise include: Civil Litigation; Wrongful Dismissal Litigation; Strike Preparation and Labour Injunctions; Employment Contracts; Employment Standards; Attendance Management; Privacy; Grievance Arbitration, and Management Training.
Lisa is a former General Counsel of a public, multinational technology company headquartered in Oakville, Ontario. She is a frequent speaker at conferences and conducts workshops and seminars relating to litigation and employment issues.
Jeff Landmann is an experienced litigator whose practice is focused on the representation of management in a wide variety of areas of employment and labour law including the following:
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Civil Litigation and Wrongful Dismissal Litigation
- Injunctive Court Proceedings
- Employment Contracts
- Employment Standards; and
- Occupational Health and Safety
Prior to joining Sherrard Kuzz, Jeff practiced as a litigator with a national law firm in Calgary where he assisted clients engaged in numerous industries and commercial settings. Jeff has spoken and written on a variety of topics in the area of employment and litigation including risk management and contractual considerations, electronic record and email policies, preserving evidence, and preparing for litigation.