HR Domains (Career GPS): Employee Relations; Occupational Health and Safety; Performance and Rewards
A good employer keeps on top of the constantly changing employment law landscape. Learn about recent trends and important developments in employment law including:
- Mind Your Own Business –Invasion of Privacy in the Workplace
- Invasion of Privacy and the case of Jones vs Tsige;
- Best Practices For avoiding the privacy trap
- Just Be “Cause”
- Oosterbasch v FAG Aerospace — the impact of the ESA on a just cause termination
- What is the standard and how does it apply? Is it just cause or willful misconduct?
- Establishing Cause: Can it be done?
- Just Lay-Off Would You?
- When does the lay-off become a termination at common law? Elsegood v Cambridge Spring Service
- Does the employer have the right to lay off?
- Planning your downsizing: Tips and recommendations
- Mental Health In the Workplace — Demonstrating Accommodation
- Lear and CAW (Perrier): How far does an employer have to go?
- The importance of timely and consistent medical information
Presenter: Lorenzo Lisi, Aird & Berlis LLP
Lorenzo has practiced exclusively in the area of labour and employment law for almost 25 years and has appeared before courts and administrative tribunals on behalf of employer clients, both provincially and federally. His areas of expertise include drafting of employment agreements, collective bargaining, human rights, mediation, wrongful and constructive dismissal defence, and grievance and labour board litigation, as well as responding to union organizing and applications for certification.
Lorenzo also advises employers on acquisitions, divestitures and restructuring, enforceability of restrictive covenants, and the application of various labour and employment statutes.
Lorenzo has served as a member of the Government Affairs Committee of the Human Resources Professionals Association and is regularly asked to speak and write on a variety of employment and labour law topics. He is also involved in the development and presentation of management training on a wide variety of topics, including human rights, union organizing defence strategies, strikes and lockouts, employment policies and procedures, and risk management.