HR Domains (Career GPS): Organization Design and Development; Employee Relations; Leadership Development and Organizational Culture; HR Leadership
An engaged workforce is within your grasp. It is not an impossible dream. The answer does not lie in organizational self-help books and psychological studies, however. Instead, it can be found in common sense. Engagement is about structure that leads to role clarity, the processes that help or hinder work and, most of all, leadership in your organization.
For too long, HR has been given the accountability for engagement. It is time that HR put the accountability for engagement back into the line where the authority to do so is found, and leveraged its strengths as the process consultant to enable management to carry the role they are supposed to carry.
Learn how HR can lead the transformation and become engagement champions.
During the workshop, a popular engagement survey will be used as a training tool.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Be able to identify the true organizational sources of employee engagement
- Discover the real role of HR in engagement
- Understand the importance of role clarity to engagement
- Know how company processes can either help or hinder engagement
- Understand that effective managerial leadership is the great amplifier of engagement, and what that looks like
- HR managers tasked with employee engagement
- The workshop is particularly beneficial to primary HR managers in small- to medium-sized organizations.
- Content is directed at HR policy developers and decision makers
- Pre-session work, classroom instruction, homework, follow-up webinar
- Maximum class size of 12
- Pre-session work
- Prior to the workshop, attendees are asked to complete a worksheet on their organization’s current engagement tools and standards. In addition, attendees will complete the engagement assessment MoraleCheck.
- Instructor led and highly interactive
- Instruction, triads, class discussion, pairs discussion, exercises
- Action-learning will be used to explore, plan and practice the skills participants learn
- At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be assigned homework to be completed and submitted within 3 weeks
- Follow-up Webinar - April 8, 2013 - 10:00 am to 11:30 am
- Two weeks following the workshop, an hour-long webinar will be held for follow-up and Q&A
- Includes the program deck in notes pages, exercises, worksheets
- The engagement process, outlined and illustrated as a step-by-step aide memoire, is provided in a laminated card format
HRPA Forrest Workshops
Tony Welsh, VP Consulting and Design, Forrest & Company Limited
Tony Welsh, Vice-President, Consulting & Design, brings over 25 years of a wide variety of training, design and organizational development experience to Forrest & Company Limited. As Forrest specializes in customized solutions, Tony is invaluable to our organization with his genius of precisely matching the requirements of a client to the specifics of a program.
Tony led the design of Forrest’s Leadership Suite™ and Effective Thinking Suite™ program offerings. He recently completed ViewFinder2™, an improved and expanded version of Forrest’s multi-rater tool that assesses strengths and opportunities for development. Tony is an expert process facilitator and has delivered many of the Forrest programs. He is certified in Effective Intelligence™.
Tony recently retired from the Canadian Army Reserve at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Among other accomplishments during his years of service, he commanded Canada’s oldest airborne infantry regiment, the Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada.
Forrest & Company Limited is an organizational transformation firm. Since 1987, Forrest’s team of skilled consultants, facilitators, coaches, and designers have helped build the capabilities and effectiveness of more than 30,000 leaders and their organizations worldwide.