The Cultural Competency Training Program
Clarity. Competence. Credibility.
Make the power of diversity work for your organization.
- Gain competitive advantage - Work effectively and productively with diverse teams
- Empower HR Teams to be Culturally Competent.
- Attract, retain and train the finest talent from around the world
- Understand cultural differences, help your employees embrace change
- Compete in a global market and utilize valuable talent to fuel innovation in your organization
Originally funded by the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration and delivered by HRPA, the Certificate in Cultural Competency Training Program helps organizations become more culturally inclusive and provides strategies to effectively hire, on-board, train and retain culturally diverse candidates/newcomers to Canada.
- One day Certificate in Cultural Competence
- One Homework Assignment
- Three months follow-up
- Access to helpful resources, including exclusive LinkedIn group
- Participants receive Certificate in Cultural Competency Training
- 7 CPD hours for CHRP participants
The program will be offered in Spring and Fall of 2016
Various techniques such as discussion, videos, PowerPoint presentation, statistical data and other methods may be used in this program in order to assist the learner.
One Invaluable Program. Two Training Options.
- Option 1 will be in-class at the HRPA Learning Centre
HRPA Member price $395 per person + 7 CPD hours
Non-member price: $475 per person
- Option 2, the program will also continue to be offered in-house to organizations that want their line managers and HR staff to benefit from the program.
HRPA will deliver the training at the organization's location to a max of 20 employees.
Please contact PD Team for more information.
Invaluable Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the impact of cultural dimensions on behaviour
- Define cultural competence at the individual and organizational levels
- Adapt hiring practices to different cultural dimensions and diverse communication styles
- Identify strategies to effectively source, screen and interview culturally diverse candidates/newcomers to Canada
- Minimize selection bias due to cultural differences
- Formulate culturally sensitive interview questions that take cultural dimensions into consideration
- Identify changes required to create a more culturally inclusive organization
- Develop a course of action including strategies for improving individual and organizational levels of cultural competency
The Program is Highly Beneficial for:
- CHRLs and CHREs
- HR Managers
- Front Line Managers
- Hiring Managers
- Employers who manage staff with diverse background
- And everyone else with some knowledge and understanding of cultural differences, diversity and inclusivity and who want to earn a certificate for their resume to advance their careers
20 Companies have already benefited from this program. They include:
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- City of Kingston
- City of Markham
- City of Oshawa
- City of Sarnia
- City of Waterloo
- County of Lambton
- Grenville Printing and Management
- LK District School Board
- Local Immigration Partnership
- McKenzie Health
- Ontario Northland
- Ontario Public Services-Diversity
- Roseau-femmes du sud-ouest
- Sarnia Lambton Workforce
- Seneca College
- The Small Business Centre – SLEP
- The Workplace Group
- Toronto Police Services
- VP Enthusiasm
Women's College Hospital