|Friday, February 03, 2012||10:25 AM - 11:15 AM|
Steven Osiel, Vice President, Total Rewards
When one of your employees says, “I’m underpaid,” how do you reply? Find out about the variables affecting an employee’s level of satisfaction—and understand that salary is but one of them. This session will raise your awareness of the many influences on employee satisfaction. By understanding the roles of relevance, communication and market knowledge, you’ll know how to respond the next time wages come up for discussion.
- Examine the factors influencing the establishment of wages, and how those factors are personal and specific to circumstances
- Understand that while pay is relative to many internal and external factors, personal individual satisfaction may or may not respond to those factors—learn how to tie pay to the right factors for a given employee
- Explore opportunities to engage employees in ways that are not tied to cash compensation
- Prepare to walk your employees through a more thorough understanding and appreciation of their entire compensation package
- Learn where to find more data about your industry’s typical compensation scale
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Steven Osiel, vice-president, total rewards at Pal Benefits Inc., has worked in the area of compensation, benefits and pension for over 15 years. He provides consulting services to clients of varying sizes, offering strategic direction on the design, implementation, communication and management of total rewards programs.