|Friday, February 03, 2012||12:10 PM - 1:00 PM|
Daniel Wong, Associate
The more you know about the procedural framework of civil and administrative actions related to the employment relationship, the better you’ll be prepared to address complaints and head off litigation such as wrongful dismissal. This session will identify the issues that most frequently form the basis for civil actions and administrative complaints. You will learn practical tips for effectively managing each process and for working with external counsel.
- Discuss the procedural framework of civil and administrative actions relevant to the employment relationship
- Examine employment standards complaints from start to finish
- Explore the trajectory of human rights complaints
- Probe the ins and outs of wrongful dismissal litigation
- Pick up practical tips to manage and resolve complaints and civil actions
- Hear pointers on working with external counsel
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Daniel Wong advises employers on all aspects of employment and labour relations, including employee hiring and terminations, employment standards compliance, unfair practice and human rights complaints and the development and execution of initiatives and policies. He represents employers before the courts on wrongful dismissal and provincial offence matters and before various administrative tribunals on rights arbitration, employment standards issues, human rights complaints, occupational health and safety investigations and workers’ compensation appeals. Prior to joining Osler, Daniel articled and practised at a large management-side boutique firm and was also employment counsel and privacy manager at McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada.
Daniel is a frequent presenter at conferences and training seminars including the 2009 HRPA Annual Conference. He has also delivered guest lectures at York University in the areas of employment and labour law.