|Friday, February 03, 2012||12:10 PM - 1:00 PM|
Sue Sadler, Senior Director of Services, Peel Region
Based on current demographic trends, immigration will account for 100 per cent of net labour growth in Canada by 2013. To remain competitive, it is critical for businesses to implement strategies that effectively integrate immigrants into their workplaces. Find out how one innovative organization, ACCES Employment, is partnering with businesses, educational institutions, governments and community groups to ensure that the skills and qualifications of new Canadians are fully utilized.
- Examine how to recruit and onboard new Canadians into your workplace
- Explore best practices in credential recognition
- Learn about recruiting participants from sector-specific bridging programs
- Gain insights into enhanced language training and workplace communication supports
- Hear about work trials
- Understand the role for language- and industry-specific coaching, the buddy system and mentoring
- Take away a better understanding of the key strategies for effectively hiring and onboarding new Canadians into your workplace, thereby maximizing productivity
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Sue Sadler is the senior director of services for Peel Region at ACCES Employment, a leading community-based employment agency that has helped thousands of individuals in the GTA find employment over the past 25 years. Sue has worked at a senior level within the employment services sector for over 20 years. Throughout her career she has focused on developing programming that serves to fully integrate internationally trained professionals into the Canadian workplace. She has specialized in the development and implementation of strategies that serve to safeguard employment retention and promote opportunities for professional growth and development.